To help make your holiday hassle free our standard daily rate includes comprehensive insurance cover so you can know that you are protected in the unfortunate event of an accident. Drivers must be aged between 25 and 75.
- Comprehensive insurance: included in standard daily rates – including windscreens and tyre repairs or replacement plus overhead and under-body damage (excess/deductible applies). An excess of NZ$1500 for drivers over 25 years for any one damage.
- Reduce your excess:
NZ$25.00 per day will reduce the excess from NZ$1500.00 to NZ$400.00.
The bond is taken in the form of a credit card authorisation and is equal to the excess amount of your insurance option (see above). A credit card imprint is sufficient. If paid in cash or by traveller cheque, the security bond will be refunded at the end of your hire according to the conditions below.
Security Bond Refunds
The bond is will not be charged on return of the vehicle provided that:
- The vehicle is fully refuelled
- The vehicle is returned to the agreed location at the agreed time
- No damage is incurred to the vehicle or any 3rd party property
- Waste water tank and toilet have been emptied
- No items belonging to Travellers Insight have been lost or damaged
- All traffic fines have been paid
- The vehicle is returned in a reasonably clean condition
The security bond can be paid by cash, traveller's cheque or credit card. If paid by credit card, an imprint will be taken but not charged unless the above conditions have not been met.
In New Zealand, personal injury due to an accident is covered by the Accident Compensation Commission (ACC). However, we recommend that you also arrange your own travel insurance. This will cover you for other events such as illness, travel cancellation, delays or missed connections, lost or stolen or damaged personal items and travel documents, personal accidents, and personal liability.