Terms and Conditions
What you should know about your Rental Motorhome
1. Hire rates quoted include:
- GST (15%) Goods & Service Tax
- Unlimited miles
- Two bottle refills of LPG Gas
- Diesel Tax
- Comprehensive vehicle insurance
We do not deduct any money from your credit card for security deposit. We take an imprint only.
2. Owners Obligations
The owner shall supply the vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition, up to current Certificate of Fitness standards.
3. Insurance standard excess:
Drivers must be aged between 25 and 75 years.
The above rate includes a standard excess of NZ$1500 for drivers over 25 years. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first NZ$1500.
For drivers the standard excess is NZ$1500. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first NZ$1500.
4. Insurance Excess Reduction:
NZ$25.00 per day will reduce the insurance excess for any damage caused in a collision to either the vehicle or third party property to NZ$400 for hirer 25 years or older. Applies in respect of each claim, not Rental. Please note that the Insurance Excess Reduction is completely optional and can be decided upon collection of your vehicle. Please note overhead damage is not covered because of the (unusual) height of the Motorhome. Extra care must be taken not to drive under an obstruction that is too low for it to clear i.e. low bridges. In this event Insurance Excess Reduction will not apply and the hirer will be responsible for the insurance excess of NZ$1500.
5. Personal Insurance:
Personal belongings are not covered. We recommend the hirer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and should take out personal insurance.
6. Security Deposit:
There is a refundable NZ$1500 motorhome rental Security Deposit payable by cash, traveller's cheque or credit card. Should the security deposit be paid by credit card, the amount will only be debited from your account should it become necessary. This is fully refundable on return of the vehicle to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time, in the same condition as it was let out to you, with the toilet empty, the interior clean including all cooking appliances and the tank full of fuel. Note: Where the hirer has opted for the Insurance Excess Reduction option, $400 excess will be charged, in the event of a collision, but they should be aware that the security deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures and fittings or negligent damage to the vehicle.
7. Motorhome accessories:
- Bicycle Rack $20
- His and Hers Bicycles $40 each
- GPS Navigation $40
The above are all available on request at the time of booking
8. Minimum Hire
This is a minimum of 7 days.
- Age limits: 25 to 75 years.
- Driver must have held a valid license for more than one year. Licenses issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by an International Driver’s Licence.
- Details of additional drivers required.
- Production of valid standard driver's license required from all drivers at start of hire.
- Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (eg: parking or speeding tickets) which are incurred during the period of hire. A $30 administration fee may apply.
- Maximum of 2 drivers per rental
- Drivers must provide 2 separate forms of identification. i.e. credit card and passport
10. Visitors – driving in New Zealand
This information applies to licences for Motorhomes, and other vehicles. Can I drive in New Zealand?
Do you have a current and valid overseas driver licence or international driving permit?
A current and valid overseas driver licence means that your licence allows you to legally drive in your own country. If you are disqualified from driving or your licence is currently suspended, expired or revoked, then you are not allowed to drive in New Zealand.
This factsheet is for new residents and visitors to New Zealand who only hold an overseas licence and provides information relating to your eligibility to drive in New Zealand, how to get a New Zealand driver licence, and other information relating to driving in New Zealand.
Located in Milford, Northshore City, Auckland, New Zealand
12. Depot hours
- Monday to Saturday: 09h00 - 17h00
- Sunday: open with prior arrangement
- Public holidays: closed, unless by prior arrangement
13. One way trips
Availability is on a request and confirm basis at the time of reservation. A reservation is only binding after it has been confirmed by Travellers Insight Limited and a deposit payment of 50% has been received. Once the reservation is confirmed, an invoice will be issued by email for the remaining balance. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due six weeks prior to departure.
Payment is by bank transfer. For late bookings (less than six weeks before departure) the full rental price is payable on booking. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed.
15. Credit Cards:
Travellers Insight no longer accepts charges by credit card, sorry. But will accept payment by bank transfer or cash.
16. Cancellation charges
- More than 6 weeks before: NZ$350 (Booking Fee)
- 6 weeks - 2 weeks: 50% of total hire charge
- 2 weeks - No Show: 100% of total hire charge
17. Collection & Return
Collection: Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot - to complete the documentation and demonstrate your vehicle to you. Please allow the same on your return. Return: The vehicle must be returned on the date, and before the time stated, on the rental agreement. Vehicles must be returned clean and in the same condition as they leave the depot, otherwise a charge will be made (includes a separate toilet cleaning fee, if the toilet waste tank is not empty on return, NZ$100) Late return: If you will be late returning, the rental company must be advised immediately. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of NZ$50 per hour will be payable for all late returns.
Terms and conditions of Motorhome Rental Agreement
- Definitions of Terms and Conditions: 'I','me' and 'my' refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers. 'This Agreement' means the Motorhome Rental Agreement, the Motorhome Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other Travellers Insight literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply.
· 'Travellers Insight'
Means: Travellers Insight Limited, P.O. Box 302395 North Harbour, Auckland 0751.
means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading 'Hire Details' on the Motorhome Rental Agreement and any person whose credit card is presented in payment of the customer's charges.
· 'Living Equipment'
Includes but is not limited to TV/DVD player, CD player, crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils.
· 'Rental Period'
Means the hire period referred to under the heading 'Booking Details' on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the customer's possession or control
Means the vehicle described under the heading 'Vehicle Details' on the Motorhome Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Travellers Insight.
· 'Security Deposit'
Means the Vehicle security deposit detailed under the heading 'Security Deposit' in the Motorhome Rental Agreement.
2. Delivery and Return of the Vehicle
- I acknowledge having received the Vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the Departure Checklist and with a full fuel tank and two full gas bottles.
- I will return the vehicle in a clean condition with a full fuel tank, on the return date and time set out under the heading 'Check in' in the Rental Agreement.
- I acknowledge that Travellers Insight will not refund to me any monies, nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle, if the Vehicle is returned or I cease to have the use of the Vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. Accident, weather or theft.
3. Rental and Other Charges
I will pay Travellers Insight
- All rental charges
- The security deposit.
- The nominated cleaning fee of NZ$100.00 if the Vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition;
- The nominated additional fee of NZ$100.00 if the toilet and waste water tank are not emptied prior to the return of the Vehicle.
- The nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to acceptance of delivery of the vehicle;
- the cost of any damage to the Vehicle or the property of any third party, subject to the insurance;
- the insurance excess reduction fee, if applicable;
- All government fees and duties etc;
- All parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the Vehicle; and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the Rental Period;
- Any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Travellers Insight as a result of any breach by me of the terms of this Agreement
- the daily rental rate for the period the Vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs (demurrage);
- the cost to recover a Vehicle which has become bogged.
4. Errors in Rental Charges
Total charges as set out therein are not final. I will pay any shortfall in charges to Travellers Insight and I will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Travellers Insight;
5. Payment of Charges Joint and Several Liability
All charges and expenses payable by me under this Agreement are due on demand by Travellers Insight. If I do not pay all charges when due, I agree to pay a late charge of 1.5% per month on the outstanding balance and any collection costs incurred by Travellers Insight, including reasonable legal fees. When the Customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customer pursuant to this Agreement.
6. Credit Card Payment
- Sorry credit cards are no longer used by this company.
7. My Warranties
I warrant that all information supplied by me to Travellers Insight in connection with this agreement is true.
8. Vehicle Damage - Insurance Cover
I am aware that the Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party;
- I will have to pay an excess for any damage (unless excess reduction is paid). The insurance excess is NZ$1500.00.
- The excess may be reduced, in most circumstances, by paying excess reduction fee as defined on the Motorhome Rental Agreement.
- I will not have any insurance cover and I will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if I breach any of the terms of this Agreement.
9. Security Deposit
- I irrevocably authorise Travellers Insight to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by me to Travellers Insight arising out of this Agreement.
- The security deposit will be refunded by cheque within 7 working days of the vehicle being returned to the correct location, undamaged, with a clean interior with a full fuel tank. We reserve the right to retain a NZ$100.00 soiling fee if the motorhome is not returned with the interior in a clean condition. Also the toilet and waste water tank must be emptied prior to the return of the vehicle or an additional NZ$100.00 soiling fee will be retained.
10. Road Restrictions
All Vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads.
- I acknowledge that Travellers Insight reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
- The vehicle is not to be operated on any of the following roads; Tasman Valley Road, Mt Cook; Skipper's Canyon, Queenstown; Ninety Mile Beach, Northland; or any unformed roads, including beaches, i.e. roads other than tar-seall.
11. Use of the Vehicle
I agree that during the rental period, I will not and will not allow the Vehicle to be;
- driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner;
- used in a manner which could cause damage
- driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by me to Travellers Insight
- smoking is strictly prohibited, payment of a NZ$400 cleaning fee will be changed.
- driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law;
- Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied
- Left unoccupied without the security alarm activated.
- Driven by persons:
- Under the age of 25 years; or
- Who is not authorised by law to drive the Vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the Vehicle are set out under the heading 'Driver Details' in the Motorhome Rental Agreement.
- Damaged by:
- Submersion in water
- Contact with Salt Water
- used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
- used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
- used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
- used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in this agreement
- used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
- otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this Agreement.
12. Alterations to the Vehicle
I shall not make any alterations or additions to the Vehicle without the prior written consent of Travellers Insight
I will not allow any animals to be carried in the Vehicle
Travellers Insight authorises the use of these vehicles up to the stated number of passengers. Each person to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst vehicle is in motion.
I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including oil checks, water and tyre pressure.
- I acknowledge that Travellers Insight will reimburse me for expenditure up to NZ$100.00 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the Vehicle ( not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio and DVD equipment ) Provided That:
- I produce relevant receipts:; and
- I have received the prior consent of Travellers Insight;
- The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of this Agreement.
- Subject to the terms of this agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Rental Period PROVIDED THAT Travellers Insight will reimburse me for expenditure reasonably incurred if;
- I produce relevant receipts;
- The tyre is defective and is returned by me to Travellers Insight for inspection; and
- The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty,
- I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel).
- LPG Gas (in two bottles) is included however, if during the course of the hire gas replenishment is required, this be comes the Hirer's responsibility.
- It is the hirer's responsibility to check:
- the oil and water levels on a daily basis.
- tyre pressure
16. Mechanical Repairs
Roadside assistance is available for all mechanical problems that relate to the vehicle specified in the Motorhome Rental Agreement. A call out fee for non-mechanical problems caused by the driver or passengers may be charged to the renter at the discretion of Travellers Insight.
17. Responsibility when accident occurs
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, I will
- Notify Travellers Insight within 24hrs of the happening of the event
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station;
- Complete a accident report form as supplied;
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer;
- Assist Travellers Insight in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence.
- I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period.
- I will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault.
18. Terminating the Agreement
I acknowledge that Travellers Insight may terminate this Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if;
- I am in breach of any term of this Agreement;
- I have obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
- The Vehicle appears to be abandoned
- The Vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Travellers Insight reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date;
- Travellers Insight considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is endangered. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit
19. Change of Vehicle
Travellers Insight reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable or superior Vehicle for the Vehicle. In that event, I shall not be liable for any increased rental or other charges save for any addition running costs pertaining to the substitute vehicle. Such substitution shall not entitle me to any refund and does not constitute a breach of this Agreement.
20. Release and Indemnity of Travellers Insight
- Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, I release Travellers Insight, its employees and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose;
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Travellers Insight premises or recovered or handled by Travellers Insight.
- Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Travellers Insight, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Travellers Insight, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
21. Title to Vehicle
I acknowledge that Travellers Insight retains title to the Vehicle and that I possess the goods as a mere bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Travellers Insight's credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Travellers Insight and by me.
23. Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Travellers Insight reserves the right to add or amend any rental charges without prior notice.